Job Title: Principal / Chief Executive
Location: Based at Enfield with regular travel to other College Centres
Salary: £115k plus £1,928 London Weighting and £2,000 travel allowance
Start Date: 1st August 2017
Governors seek to appoint an energetic, inspirational and ambitious Principal / Chief Executive who will steer this successful and dynamic College towards an OUTSTANDING OFSTED rating whilst continuing to develop its wider activities, networking and local community involvement across Greater London
The College has a turnover of £11.8m per year, educates approximately 3000 students and is financially outstanding It was rated GOOD by OFSTED at its last full inspection in 2013 (the outcome from a recent short inspection in November 2016 is to be published shortly).
Capel Manor College is Greater London’s Further Education College specialising in high quality land based education and training. The main centre is in Enfield but Capel Manor also operates through a number of sub regional centres across Greater London. The College’s ‘overarching statement is to
Provide outstanding and inspirational land based learning opportunities across the Greater London Region’
The College has managed to expand its provision and deliver its educational mission very cost effectively across London by identifying partnership opportunities which use land-based resources effectively to provide educational and community or other benefits.
The outcomes from the area review (and the process which supported it) have given the College the confidence to continue to invest in collaborative projects throughout Greater London.
In addition to its core income the College seeks to attract additional funding from other sources.
Please see the College website www.Capel.ac.uk for general information or http://www.capel.ac.uk/principal-vacancy.html for specific information relating to the Principal’s post.
• The post holder is the Accounting Officer and Chief Executive of the Capel Manor College Corporation.
• Contributing to Governance.
• Leading development of policy, Strategic development and planning.
• Providing day to day inspirational leadership, which ensures the College continues to be successful.
• Managing the Senior Management Team and through them the College’s resources and staff.
• Maintaining the College’s entrepreneurial ethos and continuing to drive forward the challenging but exciting aim to be an outstanding and inspirational college which also plays a key role across Greater London in promoting and delivering access to the land-based sector to the community.
• Managing the College’s image, reputation, marketing and external relationships.
• Ensuring the needs of the College’s learners, customers and supporters is understood and responded to.
• Monitoring and reviewing performance and setting challenging and achievable targets that will improve the College’s performance and reputation.
• General responsibilities relating to Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Data Security and relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong leadership skills and excellent personal qualities
• Proven entrepreneurial spirit capable of running an (exempt) complex educational charity
• Educated to degree level or equivalent with a record of continuous professional development and commitment to self-development.
• An understanding of the policy context for education, further education and the land based sector.
• A developed understanding of safeguarding and a commitment to creating a safe learning environment.
• Experience of working in an ever-changing educational environment in an institution, or with senior level strategic leadership and management experience in a complex organisation.
• A track record of
• effective networking and community and stakeholder engagement at a strategic level
• operating as the ambassador and the public face of an organisation, undertaking a number of diverse external communication requirements
• dealing with media.
• A knowledge of regulatory and inspection frameworks, accreditation and validation processes and quality systems in the FE and HE sector and experience of implementing quality improvement.
• A commitment to quality across the organisation, an aspiration to deliver continuous improvement, and a readiness to innovate.
What’s in it for you?
Capel Manor offers a unique working environment with a range of benefits including:
• Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Superb staff development opportunities
This vacancy is permanent, full time.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the College being defined as a ‘specified place’. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete the online application form.
Closing date is 10am 23rd January 2017