The Shared Learning Trust is a successful multi-academy trust in Luton and Central Bedfordshire. We currently comprise five academies and have plans to grow and add further academies to our educational family.
Are you a Finance expert interested in an in-house role?
Would you enjoy running a finance team for a successful Multi-Academy Trust?
Would you like to have trust and autonomy to carry out all aspect of finance?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Shared Learning Trust would love to hear from you!
The Shared Learning Trust are seeking to appoint a Financial Controller to join our strong and welcoming team! We are looking to recruit a dependable and organised individual to support our trust and academies in all aspects of financial management. This is a highly varied and diverse role where no two days are the same, you will have the chance to continue to grow and gain experience within a highly successful trust and dedicated Finance team. The rewards are a strong market salary with an opportunity to develop a career in a successful trust where your only career limitation is your ambition. For the right person, I promise you it’s going to be a great job.
Experience Knowledge & Understanding
• Drive the central finance team Action Plan to ensure delivery
• Support the Finance Director in the management of the finance team ensuring skills and experience are
commensurate with service to be delivered, and represents value for money.
• Lead the preparation and reporting of the monthly management accounts for each academy and the trust to
the Executive Leadership Team, individual academies, Local Governing Bodies, and the Trust’s Finance
Committee. Where areas of concern are identified, these are reported upwards effectively. Attendance at the
Finance Committee is required
• Work with the Executive Leadership Team and academy budget holders, build annual budgets and ensure their
reporting and approval is in line with the Academies Financial Handbook.
The successful candidate will
• Have a real love of finance
• Be an advanced Excel user
• Have experience of working in a fast pace environment
• Ideally have experience of working in Education
• Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads which continually change
• Understand the role of a Financial Controller and will be able to work to tight deadlines delivering results when
• Have the ability to use a common-sense approach to problem solving
• Be keen to join a fast growing trust with a family friendly ethos
• Be keen to contribute to a results orientated fun environment
• Have a great attitude and positive outlook
• Have a good general standard of education
• Computer literate
• Be able to communicate at all levels
Start Date: asap
Salary: NJC M7 £56,098 – £58,092
Job Role: 37.5hrs, 5 days per week, 52 weeks per year. A term time appointment would also be considered.
14th Sept 2021 – Position is advertised
8am Tuesday 5th Oct 2021 – Closing date for applications
From 5th Oct 2021 – Shortlisting and contact with candidates – references will be requested
w/c 11th Oct 2021 Interviews* *The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Please read the information in this pack.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply online today via our career site on https://www.thesharedlearningtrust.org.uk/current-vacancies5/845.html
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please contact HR Recruitment, Jay Powell on 01582 211226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to apply you should include a letter with your application form on no more than two sides of A4, giving your reasons for applying for the post, addressing information you have read in the pack with particular reference to the person specification, and outline any relevant experience and personal qualities you would bring to the Trust. Please do not send a generic letter; we really are looking for someone who is prepared to respond to us as an individual Trust. You can be sure we will take time and care in reading your letter; we appreciate how much energy goes into it.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding. Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.” The definition of ‘children’ includes everyone under the age of 18.