Learning Support Mentor – 1 to 1 & Small Group
The Linden Academy has an excellent position for a Learning Support Mentor to provide learning support to individual and small groups of pupils across the academy to join our team. We are seeking a team player, skilled at connecting with pupils and offering the appropriate assistance. The successful candidate will have some experience with caring for pupils and can be assured that the Trust will do their upmost to invest in their careers.
- To promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem and improve independent working in pupils to assist their education and growth.
- To support the learning development of pupils.
- To promote and support inclusion for all children including pupils with SEN, EAL and those with a physical disability.
- To build and maintain positive and professional relationships with staff, pupils and parents treating all children consistently, with respect and consideration.
- To develop and agree action plans for individual pupils and groups of pupils, working in conjunction with the class teacher.
The successful candidate will have
- Level 2 qualifications in Maths and English or above (essential)
- To have Learning Support Assistant Level 2/3 qualification or EYFS education qualifications (desirable)
- To have the ability to communicate using standard English (essential)
- To have basic ICT skills for record keeping and completing referral forms to outside agencies (essential)
- Start date asap
- Salary NJC L1 a-b £17,872-£18,198 FTE actual pro rata salary £14,008-£14,264
- Job Role Fixed-Term till January (to be reviewed)
- Hours 33.75 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8:15am – 3:30pm, Term-time and 5 INSET days
Why work for The Linden Academy?
- Lovely small class sizes with 18-24 maximum per class with fantastic facilities and resources
- Exceptional CPD opportunities if you wish to improve and develop
- Experienced and innovative leadership with a fully committed governing body
- Join a lovely close-knit team of teachers and SLT that are genuinely here to support you and want to see you succeed.
- Friendly, supportive team of around 50 staff.
- Fantastic children with a desire to learn.
- Support from fellow colleagues within the school.
- Opportunity to develop and grow.
- Part of a wider Trust.
Closing Date: Friday 24th Sept at 12pm Interviews: Wednesday 29th Sept
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply online today via our career site on https://www.mynewterm.com/trust/The-Shared-Learning-Trust/135337
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about this role or would like to arrange a visit, please email email@example.com
If you decide to apply you should include a letter with your application form on no more than two sides of A4, giving your reasons for applying for the post, addressing information you have read in the pack with particular reference to the person specification, and outline any relevant experience and personal qualities you would bring to the Trust. Please do not send a generic letter; we really are looking for someone who is prepared to respond to us as an individual Trust. You can be sure we will take time and care in reading your letter; we appreciate how much energy goes into it.