Lecturer in Accounting
Job Reference: JUL20211910
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,138 – £34,257 Per Annum
Closing Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021
Location: Stafford College
Salary: £24,138 – £34,257 (pro-rata)
Full-time & part-time positions available
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
With the ability to deliver Accounting across the full range of the department’s provision, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge in Accounting, you will have an appropriate subject / professional qualification to degree or equivalent and be competent in the use of a variety of industry standard business software packages (eg MS Office). You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
The main duties of the post holder are:
- To deliver high quality teaching in Accounting across the full range of the department’s AAT provision. This may involve remote teaching, learning and assessment, via appropriate platforms when required.
- To undertake core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress and associated counselling, preparing reports, attending Open Days and Parents’ Evenings, setting and marking of examination papers and the preparation of flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or has recent and relevant industrial experience.
- Can teach across a full range of Professional Accounting qualifications including AAT at levels 2 to 4
- Experience of delivering dynamic and interactive remote learning via online platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Accounting, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications 1st August 2021 with interviews to be held on 10th August 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.