SALARY: £18,714- £20,476 (E4)
LOCATION: The Thomas Alleyne Academy, Stevenage, SG1 3BE
HOURS: Full time. 37 hours a week: times to be negotiated
To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to The Thomas Alleyne Academy, a secondary school in Old Stevenage. Ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required high standards.
- Salary: £18,714- £20,476
- Overtime payments above 37 hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Participation in the Group’s performance related pay scheme
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for maintaining the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the academy’s current requirements.
- Monitor heating plant and equipment, making adjustments as necessary and reporting defects and malfunctions to the Estates Manager/ Headteacher.
- To arrange to clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and clean up spillages as required.
- To ensure that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris and that the buildings and grounds are litter free. Regular general litter picking around the site.
- To be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to the academy particularly in adverse weather conditions (e.g. clearing snow, gritting etc.)
- Making sure that the premises are clean, graffiti is cleaned up and undertake emergency cleaning when required.
- To undertake porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture and changing room layouts.
- To undertake handypersons duties; painting, decorating, joinery and plumbing, as required
- To monitor stock levels of consumable items such as fuel, grit, toiletries, light, bulbs/tubes and arrange to replenish supplies in accordance with current procedures.
- To take and maintain appropriate records relating to regular tests and checks on the academy systems.
- To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply to the Estates Manager/ Headteacher, or where not immediately available technical services or regular contractors, and report minor faults on site to the Estates Manager.
- To escort contractors on site as required.
- To carry out general grounds maintenance.
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and academy policies and carry out weekly fire alarm tests, and assist with evacuation procedures.
- To understand and comply with the Group equal opportunities policy.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- Previous proven experience in a similar environment
- Proven experience of health and safety matters. A first aid qualification would be an advantage
- Demonstrate a good previous knowledge of general maintenance issues including plumbing, painting and carpentry skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekend when needed
- Proven experience in lone working and problem solving
- A highly motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Full driving licence
- A good level of spoken English
WHO WE ARE
The Hart Schools Trust (the Trust) is a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors the Thomas Alleyne Academy and Roebuck Academy in Stevenage.
- The Thomas Alleyne Academy: a growing secondary school, with sixth form, in Stevenage. The school was graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ leadership and management at its last Ofsted inspection in 2019.
- Roebuck Academy: a growing primary and nursery school in Stevenage. The school was graded ‘Good’ at its last Ofsted inspection in 2015.
The Trust is part of the Hart Learning Group, a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value through learning.
The Hart Learning Group currently includes:
- North Hertfordshire College, a large general further education college in Stevenage and Hitchin.
- The Hart Schools Trust, a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne’s Academy and Roebuck Academy in Stevenage.
- Hart Learning & Development, a progressive new learning and development business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We’re building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students to get where they want to be in life.
To apply please send a completed application form to Lucy Huckett firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am on Monday 21st June 2021.
SAFER RECRUITMENT STATEMENT
Hart Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provide proof of their right to work in the UK.