Apprenticeship Coach / Assessor
Location: Field-based or Stratford, London
Line Manager: Head of Assessment
Direct Reports: None
I am delighted that you are interested in joining the Team at the National College of Education. The college is experiencing a period of growth as we continue to challenge the status quo in school leadership development and we are looking to make additions to our existing team.
The National College of Education serves over 1400 current learners, studying leadership programmes at level 3, all the way up to an Executive MBA Level 7 programme, as well as supporting over 500 alumni. We have supported learners through the most challenging context that schools face and have an enviable position within the sector, utilising educational leadership expertise, fused with industry knowledge and apprenticeships, to build exciting and challenging professional development for schools.
We are looking for innovators, professional rule breakers and pirates to join the college in offering exceptional customer service to our learners and be an exceptional colleague as part of our team.
Professional Learning Mentors work in collaboration within a delivery POD, supporting a caseload of apprentices by delivering the highest quality teaching, learning and assessment to maximise outcomes for learners and provide the best possible learning experience.
- Deliver the highest quality Apprenticeship Standards in Leadership & Management up to Level 7 to learners in the workplace.
- Deliver teaching and learning and develop the necessary schemes of work and lesson plans to ensure learners have the relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Carry out assessment activities that inspire and challenge all learners, meet their different needs and allow them to develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Identify any additional support and learning needs quickly to help learners achieve as well as they can.
- Carry out robust and in-depth progress reviews with learners and line managers, at least every twelve weeks, including feedback from employers and apprentices and set challenging and appropriate targets to ensure apprentices meet their learning goals, within deadlines.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to apprentices so that they know what they have to do to achieve their full potential.
- Provide careers information, advice and guidance to allow apprentices to understand the progression routes available to them and take appropriate steps in their career.
- To provide apprentices with support in the development of their English, maths and ICT skills.
- Attend regular standardisation meetings to share best practice, ensure the validity of assessment decisions and that their practices are up to date.
- Attend regular Performance Review Meetings to provide updates on apprentice progress and ensure action plans are in place where learners have fallen behind, in line with at risk processes of NCE
- Attend monthly Head and Heart team meetings.
- Carry out regular CPD activities to ensure that their competence meets the needs of Awarding and End Point Assessment organisations.
- Support apprentices to successfully pass through the Apprenticeship gateway and end point assessment processes.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the ePortfolio for each apprentice is kept up to date, feedback is assessed in a timely manner and Off the Job learning is logged in line with the requirements of the relevant funding rules
- Engage fully in monthly progress reviews with your line manager, discussing professional development and experiences on programme, as well as individual learner accomplishments and difficulties
- Complete monthly PLM performance overviews and engage in performance procedure
- Report learners change of circumstances and break in learning to line manager swiftly ensuring any necessary changes are in place
- Carryout learner gateway reviews with their line manager, in a timely manner and support successful completion of the course
- Support the handover of learners to the End Point Awarding Organisation, ensuring all necessary documentation is provided in a timely manner
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
- Assessor qualification
- Internal Quality Assurance qualification (desirable)
- Qualified in maths and English to at least level 2
- Recognised qualification in delivery of Advice & Guidance
- Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to work towards
- Recognised management qualification at Level 5 or above
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- At least two years’ experience in a management role and evidence from CPD that occupational competence has been maintained.
- Experience of delivering management apprenticeships to level 5 or above.
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship standards.
- Understanding of the apprenticeship funding rules including eligibility
- Experience and understanding of Ofsted inspection regime
- Good understanding of apprenticeship data models
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and both internal and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail.
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting competing deadlines.
- Solution focused and objective in approach.