Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd May 2021
Interview Date: TBC
The Chief Executive of a leading education organisation is looking for an exceptional Marketing Director to join our leadership team and drive forward the Marketing Strategy for the College Group.
Nelson and Colne College Group is made up of a family of colleges – Nelson and Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning and Accrington and Rossendale College. Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider.
The ideal candidate will lead the Group’s Marketing direction and help strengthen our brand position in a competitive market place and will have extensive leadership experience within the FE sector. They will be a confident influencer looking to broaden their experience and opportunities working for a large College Group.
Experienced in strategic planning and delivery across the full marketing spectrum, you will thrive off the challenge of tight deadlines and changing needs. You will be flexible and adaptable, and be able to make important and informed decisions under pressure.
Having a strong track record of successful education marketing delivery, you will shape the experience of our customers on and offline to drive recruitment. You will be passionate about brand and have a keen eye for design and messaging.
You will lead a team of creative professionals, providing clear vision and direction as well as developing and investing in people. You will also have the opportunity to shape the future structure of the team to meet the business need.
With exceptional relationship building and influencing skills, you will report directly to the Senior Management Team, and will act as the key marketing link person for senior cross-college colleagues as well as external partners.
Our shared ambition is to ‘create the extraordinary’ and we are looking for a unique candidate who can bring this to life for our marketing delivery with passion, energy and new ideas. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
Due to the nature of the work involved, a background in Further Education (FE) is essential.
This role will be based at our Nelson and Colne College site however, travel across sites may be required.
The main duties include:
- Drive the Marketing Strategy for the College Group.
- Lead a team of Marketing professionals, developing expertise and driving performance.
- Lead the department delivery across a range of functions to include PR and advertising, campaigns and comms, digital, publications and materials, events (to include virtual events), and design services.
- Lead business planning and drive quality improvement for the department.
- Drive the development of the Group’s brand identity.
- Act as the senior Marketing link person for cross-college colleagues and external contacts to maximise opportunities for collaboration.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in a related subject
- Marketing qualification (CIM or equivalent)
- Extensive experience of the full marketing spectrum
- Extensive experience of working in FE
- Extensive experience of managing a team
- A track record of successful events and marketing delivery
- Experience of brand development
- A proven track record of innovative approaches to marketing/communications/PR
- A proven track record of effective budget and resource management
Offering an extensive benefits package including a generous salary, annual leave entitlement and professional development opportunities; this is an excellent opportunity for an influential leader to join our outstanding organisation.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.