Job Reference #EDV/2021/VA/43845
Location : Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4QP
Contract Type : Permanent
Contract Term : Full-Time
Salary : £17,842.00 Annually (FTE)
NJC L1a £17,842 FTE, Term-time actual pro rata salary £15,371 Full-time Mon-Fri 8:30am to 3:30pm
Closing Date : Midday, 14th May 2021
Start Date : asap
About this Role
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of ‘children’ includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Vale Academy are looking to recruit a Nursery Practitioner to join our delightful and successful team on a full-time basis. We are looking to appoint an individual willing to work as part of a team in order to provide a purposeful, stimulating environment that is rich in learning opportunities, which allow all our children to play, develop and learn. It is very important to us that we provide a high level of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all our children ensuring positive development and growth. Therefore, we are seeking a new member of our team with experience working in a Nursery setting that will be as equally committed and passionate as we are.
- To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupils with SEND, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- Monitor the pupil’s response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the pupil’s efforts and develop self-reliance and self-esteem.
The successful candidate will
- Be passionate and have a proven success of working with children
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation relating to Early Years such as EYFS, SEND, Safeguarding and the Childcare Act 2006
- Have knowledge of child development and childrens’ needs
- Have the ability to encourage partnership working between parents/carers and families
- Be able to communicate well with both adults and children
- Hold good organisational skills and have the ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary
- Have an understanding of Equal Opportunities and an awareness of Health and Safety and practical Hygiene issues
Start Date asap
Salary NJC L1a £17,842 FTE, actual pro rata salary £15,371
Job Role Permanent, Term-time and INSET days
Hours Full-time Mon-Fri 8:30am to 3:30pm
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for The Vale Academy
- The Vale Academy is a very popular primary academy within the Dunstable area, with increasing numbers of children attending from Nursery – Year 6
- A new state of the art EYFS unit, including a fully-equipped Nursery
- Fantastic results in the past three years in reading, writing and maths at the end of Key Stage 2
- An innovative curriculum that reflects the needs of the children and the community, with a balanced focus on core and foundation subjects
- A dedicated focus on the mental health and wellbeing of our staff and children
- Fantastic facilities and resources, including our school forest, a stage for our Annual Performance and significant space to provide our children with an excellent PE curriculum
- An academy and a Multi-Academy Trust that is committed to supporting its colleagues to continue their professional development through high-quality training and qualifications
- Experienced and innovative leadership with a fully committed governing body
- Colleagues who are absolutely dedicated to providing the best school experience for all of our children
- A lovely close-knit team that feels like a family
Here’s what Ofsted have to say
“The strong leadership of the academy trust has established a community of dedicated and enthusiastic staff who work closely together to improve standards. Parents hold highly positive views about the school and report how keen their children are to attend each day”.