Head of MFL Spanish & French TLR 1a
Job Reference #EDV/2021/SPA/95313
Location : Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 5PP
Contract Type : Permanent
Contract Term : Full-Time
Salary : £25,714.00 – £49,895.00 Annually (Actual)
MPS / UPS & TLR 1a – £25,714 – £49,895 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date : Midday, 21st May 2021
Start Date : September 2021
About this Role
Head of Modern Foreign Languages
The Stockwood Park Academy have a brilliant opportunity for a Head of MFL to join our successful foreign languages department. We are looking for an experienced, passionate and innovative MFL leader who will maintain and build upon the standards already achieved in French and Spanish. The Head of MFL will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the department and teaching and learning responsibility across the academy. This position will include liaison with the Senior Leadership Team and development of the curriculum in the department. With the opportunity to facilitate and lead foreign language and exchange trips and running language cultural clubs and events would also be wonderful for the department.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
At The Stockwood Park Academy, we offer a school that will genuinely invest, support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner and enable you to keep climbing the career ladder. If you are ambitious about excelling in your career and taking on additional responsibilities, we will give you the opportunities that you crave.
- Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students
- Be accountable for the vision of the subject team
- Motivate subject staff (teaching and support) and lead a highly effective team through personal example and thoughtful delegation and deployment
- Adhere to the Academy’s rigorous procedures for recording, monitoring, analyzing and acting upon a range of data
- Be well informed and up to date with national developments, curriculum innovation and resources for learning.
The successful candidate will have
- Ability to teach both French and Spanish an advantage
- Secondary teaching experience across both KS3, KS4 and KS5 is desirable
- An outstanding, research-informed practitioner with a proven record of raising attainment for students
- A confident and competent user of data, able to empower others in its use to support outstanding pedagogy
- Able to inspire and challenge every student enabling them to make excellent progress
- Able to communicate and enthuse staff and implement ideas
- Experience of a large multicultural school
Start date September 2021
Salary MPS / UPS & TLR 2b & RR – £25,714 – £48,393 (dependent on experience)
Job Role Permanent, Full-time
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance