Principal & CEO
East Durham College
East Durham College seeks to appoint a new Principal & Chief Executive Officer who will bring passion, innovation and dedication to lead their next exciting stage of growth and development for the organisation.
Who we are
East Durham College is a college deeply rooted within its local communities. Working across two campuses in Peterlee and Houghall, we provide a broad and diverse range of education and training to over 5,000 students each year. At our last inspection, we were rated Good by Ofsted for the fourth consecutive time, with the behaviour and attitudes of our students deemed to be outstanding.
The breadth of our curriculum ensures that we can support the learning and development needs of our communities whilst continuing to be a lead contributor in supporting local employers and regional prosperity.
With the first year of our strategic plan underway, we are looking to build on our excellent reputation both locally and nationally as a provider of general further education, and as a provider of more specialist provision through our land-based delivery. Our plan is wide-ranging and has given consideration not just to what we do and how we do it, but also who we do it with: our staff, our students, and our partners.
About the role
The Governing Body now seek to appoint a new Principal & CEO who can:
- Ensure we continue to provide opportunities for all through purposeful and collaborative partnerships that grow provision in industries that need support.
- Lead over 500 passionate staff who each share in our values of excellence, respect and sustainability, with a focus on student welfare and experience at the centre.
- Grow our provision, make further improvements and lead us to become the provider of choice for a greater number of learners from across the region
Who we are looking for.
Our new Principal & CEO will need to be an experienced senior leader with a demonstrable track record of successful, values-led leadership. This experience could have been gained in a number of settings including a general further education setting, a sixth form setting where there is additional vocational provision, or from within specialist land-based provision elsewhere.
Key to this role, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to be creative and innovative concerning our infrastructure and further investment to ensure East Durham College becomes the local provider of choice.
- Understanding and appreciation for the challenges that are faced by our local communities whilst striving to create and deliver solutions that help the people of our region prosper.
- Ability to lead the improvement of our estate, the delivery of an ambitious curriculum and the opportunity to increase our commercial income.
- Demonstrable expertise in relation to curriculum, quality, teaching and learning.
- Forward-looking, forward-thinking strategies that drive develop and improve the quality of our provision, but also our estate and our facilities.
We are fortunate to have developed a wonderful culture across the College. There is a vibrancy and an energy across our sites which means our staff and our learners are happy whilst they are here. We believe this culture is forged by our senior staff and Board who set the tone of our organisation. We hope to attract candidates who share our values, are excited by our culture and would look to help develop the levels of trust and support which are present across the organisation.
For further information about the role, or to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact our advising consultant at Peridot Partners:
Dan Baxter | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07939 994524