Assessor/Trainer and Residential Manager
Bournemouth and Poole College
Here at Bournemouth & Poole College, we are looking to recruit a new Assessor/Trainer and Residential Manager on a full-time basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,215 per annum.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
The Assessor/Trainer and Residential Manager Role:
As an Assessor/Trainer and Residential Manager, you will be responsible for preserving, expanding, and enhancing the external relationships that are essential to the success of our Specialised Chef programme. The collaboration with high end restaurants and hotels is imperative for the ongoing success of this program, the postholder is pivotal in leading these relationships.
The Specialised Chefs programme also relies heavily on regulated accommodation which is regularly inspected by Ofsted. You will be responsible for the ongoing success and compliance of this element of the programme.
Responsibilities as our Assessor/Trainer and Residential Manager will include:
· Responsible for the Specialised Chef apprentices whilst in placement.
· Maintain a two-way dialogue with curriculum colleagues to ensure all parties have a complete picture of apprentices development.
· Ensure the National Minimum Standards for residential accommodation are delivered.
· Ensure all Specialised Chef employers have up to date health and safety checks in place.
· Communication with employers for training plans, ensuring that the apprentices have correct recipes for the assessments in the portfolio required for gateway.
· Manage all accommodation questionnaire feedback from students.
· Maintain relationships with the parents while on placement.
· Management of pre-apprenticeship work placements (including sourcing and monitoring).
· Feed employer feedback into curriculum teams.
· Organises the annual Specialised Chefs graduation event.
*The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
As our Assessor/Trainer and Residential Manager, you’ll ideally have:
· Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths.
· Liaising with external customers/clients.
· Supervising teams / managing people.
· Organising tasks and managing processes.
· Microsoft Office applications.
· Significant experience of working in the Hospitality and Catering Sector.
· Planning and developing apprenticeships.
· Communication including written and verbal.
· Excellent organisation, able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
· Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· A “can-do” attitude focused on achievement and continuous improvement.
Benefits you will receive:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
· 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30.5 after 5 years’ service.
· up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period.
· Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available).
· Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers.
· Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme.
Closing Date: 08 March 2024
We reserve the right to close this post early if there is a high level of applicants.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Assessor/Trainer and Residential Manager role, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.