Tutorial Learning Mentor
Tutorial Learning Mentor – Barnsley College – Permanent – £26,298 to £30,375 per annum
Are you caring and emotionally resilient? Do you want to be part of an amazing teaching team? Do you want to transform the lives of young people?
Barnsley College are seeking a new Tutorial Learning Mentor to provide support, motivation and guidance to help students overcome obstacles to their learning.
First of all, what’s in it for you?
- Substantial annual leave entitlement (Up to 55 days per year including bank and public holidays!)
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Considerable staff investment through funded CPD opportunities, regular staff development training and paid volunteering days
- Career advancement opportunities with tailored support for staff to progress
- Exclusive discounts and cashback for retail, dining and leisure
- Access to private healthcare as members of the Westfield Health Scheme or Health Shield
- College gym membership with onsite facilities
- Supporting employee mental health through access to free counselling services and the Foundations App
- Discounts schemes for greener travel including Northern Rail, Trainline and Cycle to Work
- Free Microsoft Office 365 for personal use on up to five machines
- Access to discounted hair and beauty therapies at our onsite salon
- On site subsidised Starbucks and food outlets offering a variety of dining options
Tutorial Learning Mentor
Permanent vacancy – 37 hours per week
£26,298 to £30,375 per annum
Business is an outstanding department at Barnsley College, and we are now looking for a new Tutorial Learning Mentor to join our established team. With an equal split of adult and 16 – 18 learner portfolios, this is an interesting and varied role, where no two days are the same. In this role you will have a specific focus on our ESOL 16 – 18 learners, however as a Tutorial Learning Mentor you will provide support across our whole provision. You will ensure that learners are encouraged and supported to achieve their goals.
Main duties include:
- Delivering tutorials to learners aged 16 to 18 across the Business department
- Assess gaps in knowledge and provide outstanding learner support that is tailored to the needs of our students
- Working closely with Teaching staff and Course Leaders to identify and develop a range of appropriate learning resources
- Encouraging learners and helping them to achieve their qualifications
- Ensuring students have access to College services as and when needed
- Providing information on how to access external resources if required
- Utilising external agencies partnerships to widen the tutorial offer to learners
- Promote positive behaviour, attendance and respect
We are looking for someone with innovation, creativity and ability to relate to our young people. The department has a passion for excellence with a record of accomplishment of delivering dynamic lessons, resulting in outstanding learner success. You must have a passion to ensure learners have an outstanding learner experience and demonstrate flexibility and strong organisational skills. Ideally will hold a relevant teaching qualification and demonstrate the ability to use a wide range of IT systems.
Previous experience of working with young people, delivering tutorials and/or undertaking pastoral care in an education environment is an essential requirement for this post.
Please note you will be directed to the Barnsley College website to complete your application. Closing date for applications Sunday 3rd March 2024 – We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest.
Barnsley College is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or faith. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from DBS.
Please be aware that it is a Criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.