GCSE English Teacher
GCSE English Teacher – Barnsley College – Permanent – £26,298 to 39,609 per annum
Are you an aspiring GCSE English Teacher seeking support to take that next step, or an experienced educator that is keen to work for a Grade 1 education provider? Are you keen to progress your career and need an employer that supports you in furthering your own professional development?
Barnsley College is the place for you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, dedicated GCSE English Teacher to strengthen our growing Business Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified Teacher, as dedicated support will be provided whatever your level of experience.
First of all, what’s in it for you?
- Substantial annual leave entitlement (Up to 55 days per year including bank and public holidays!)
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Considerable staff investment through funded CPD opportunities, regular staff development training and paid volunteering days
- Career advancement opportunities with tailored support for staff to progress
- Exclusive discounts and cashback for retail, dining and leisure
- Access to private healthcare as members of the Westfield Health Scheme or Health Shield
- College gym membership with onsite facilities
- Supporting employee mental health through access to free counselling services and the Foundations App
- Discounts schemes for greener travel including Northern Rail, Trainline and Cycle to Work
- Free Microsoft Office 365 for personal use on up to five machines
- Access to discounted hair and beauty therapies at our onsite salon
- On site subsidised Starbucks and food outlets offering a variety of dining options
GCSE English Teacher
Permanent vacancy – 37 hours per week
£26,298 to 39,609 per annum
We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational GCSE English Teacher to support a high performing team with the delivery of GCSE English to 16 to 18 and adult learners. Class sizes vary with around 12 students per class for our 16-18 cohorts and an average of 20 students for our adult learners. You will work with learners both within a classroom setting and on a 1:1 basis, fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere where our students can thrive.
The successful candidate will require a strong understanding of GCSE, be learner focused and target driven. We are looking for a GCSE English Teacher to employ innovative teaching methods to inspire and engage. Students should be challenged to achieve their full potential, supported throughout their studies and gain the foundations they need to achieve their qualification. This role would suit a committed learning professional with an outstanding drive to see students achieve their goals.
If you have these very special qualities and feel that you have a flexible approach to working in line with the strategic demands of the department and college, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please note you will be directed to the Barnsley College website to complete your application. Closing date for applications Sunday 3rd March 2024 – We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest.
Barnsley College is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or faith. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from DBS.
Please be aware that it is a Criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.