Supported Internship Job Coach
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
Supported Internship Job Coach
Location: Filton Campus
FTE Salary: up to £24,630.00 (Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience)
Actual Salary: £19,700.39
Contract Type: Permanent, Part-Time, Term-Time only
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Term-Time Only Contracts will incur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September.
Financial Rewards and Benefits:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
- Competitive Pension Scheme- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the teachers’ pension scheme (TPS), with a generous employer contributions of over 23%
- Generous Annual leave entitlement plus 8 bank holidays- 25 days for corporate and support functions, increasing to 30 days after 5 academic years’ service (Full-Time Equivalent).
- Two weeks leave during the Christmas closedown period largely supported by the discretionary closure days provided by the College
- Extensive professional development with ongoing support for your personal & professional development, including 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees
- Family friendly policies and a proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free Annual Eye test
- All staff members can buy a TOTUM card(formerly known as NUS Extra cards) as part of being an affiliate member of the Students’ Union
- Staff have access and supported to be part of inclusive or sustainable staff networks and communities
- Free car parking at all campuses (except Queens Road Art School)
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services including Starbucks Coffee
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, construction to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to Honour Degree level programmes.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help students and colleagues achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our last inspection. For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Supported Internship Job Coach at our Filton campus!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support working in various employment sites.
- Seek placements and place learners with employers, as appropriate
- Liaise with Work Experience team to ensure all checks are made to ensure placements meet colleges expectations and Health and Safety requirements
- This support is individual based and centred around work related goals that focus on helping the learner obtain maximum level of independence in their job.
- Job Coaches will also provide the support necessary to ensure success at future employment opportunities.
- Provide proper documentation on all learners work performance.
- Develop close links with young people and identify opportunities for them to continue focusing on developing employment aspirations and individual skills needed for learners to successfully progress into work as well as achieve economic and social inclusion
- To keep appropriate and accurate paper work as required by the department.
- Supporting 1:1 in the workplace
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Maths, English and IT skills at least to Level 2
- Good understanding of the needs of learners with SEND
- Good understanding of employment requirements
Please apply online by: Monday 4th March 2024
Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed
SGS College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and any offer of employment will be subject to a number of conditions including a requirement for providing satisfactory references. In line with KCSIE and having regard to all relevant guidance, a range of checks and online searches will also be conducted for successful candidates, and a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure will need to be obtained as a requirement of the job.