Teacher of Science
Unity City Academy
Salary: MPR (M1-6)+ AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Car Scheme + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional AET Benefits
Start Date: September 2024
Are you committed to academic excellence and supporting every child to succeed?
If the answer is YES, this is a real opportunity to join our team at Unity City Academy to be part of our exciting journey.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for an outstanding Teacher of Science who is really passionate about helping our students succeed and grow as individuals.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is passionate about their classroom practice and committed to ensuring that teaching and learning is the very best it can be. We need someone who is invested in developing their own subject knowledge and teaching pedagogy, as well as that of others.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An outstanding practitioner, or who wishes to develop outstanding practice
- Have a love of learning and high expectations of student’s achievement and behaviour
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Be creative and imaginative to bring subjects to life and engage learners
- An strong team player who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
- We want our pupils to be happy, have fun and enjoy being engaged in their learning and challenged in their thinking.We strive to ensure they are fully prepared for the rapidly evolving future that lies ahead of them, standing shoulder to shoulder with the best in the world.
- We want our staff to be highly skilled, willing to learn, feel supported and be determined to get the best outcomes for every pupil.
Unity City Academy; is an 11-16 school, in the heart of Middlesbrough. The school is rated as ‘Good’ by OfSTED in May 2022. The school works collaboratively with the local community to ensure partnership working is at the heart of all it does. Unity City Academy is part of a national network of schools at AET, brought together by the belief that each and every child has an entitlement to an excellent education in every classroom, every day.
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
School visits are welcome, to arrange please contact:
The role is due to commence September 2024
Closing date: 3rd March 2024
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Click here to apply: https://aet.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4337?c=aet
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.