Teacher of Maths
Firth Park Academy
Salary: MPR + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS/LGPS) + Additional AET Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for Years 7 and 11 to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- A real ethos of family where we all value strong positive relationships and support each other.
- An outstanding professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
We are seeking a motivated and creative teacher with a genuine passion for bringing the best from every single student, to join our team.
- You will be committed to ensuring students make their very best progress, through planning and delivering engaging lessons that will inspire our learners to succeed across KS3 and KS4.
- You will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment
- This post is equally suitable for experienced teachers and newly qualified teachers with talent and a drive for improving learning across classrooms.
We are looking for a Teacher of Maths who really cares about helping our students succeed. You will be joining a department who:
- Put students first – We create differentiated resources that are engaging and student-centered; our innovative lessons inspire our learners to achieve. Our consistently high standards of delivery drive improvements and raise aspirations across both key stages.
- Supports CPD and career development – We support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, team meetings, peer observations and coaching and mentoring for all new staff.
- Enjoy trust wide benefits – We benefit from regular collaboration with experts from our academy trust to ensure we stay ‘ahead of the game’.
- Value team spirit and positive working relationships – We support each other through team-teaching and collaborative planning, fostering a positive working environment.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- An outstanding practitioner, or who wishes to develop outstanding practice
- Has a love of learning and high expectations of student’s achievement and behaviour
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Is a strong team player who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
Come and speak to us and the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please email:
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
- Check out the career opportunity section on our website to find out more.
The role is due to commence: ASAP
Closing date: 25th February 2024
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 9th Feb or as soon as possible after the closing date
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply here: https://aet.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4202?c=aet
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.