Electrical Installation Lecturer
Electrical Installations Lecturer
Salary: £24,878 – £38,309 FTE per annum depending on qualifications and experience
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
As our Electrical Installations Lecturer, you will provide academic and technical support to learners. Support learning through the delivery of classes which aim to consolidate learning by embedding into practise. Contribute to the college’s vision to become and sustain outstanding. Providing academic and technical support across the Catering curriculum to maintain a safe environment which is ready to support learning activities.
The post holder will support learning through the delivery of classes which aim to consolidate skills and knowledge taught across the Study Programme and Apprenticeship offer.
Hull College provides high-quality education & training for school leavers & adults, offering a wide range of vocational study programmes, Apprenticeships & degrees.
As one of the largest vocational institutes of its kind in the region, we have one focus – to create careers, not courses. We pride ourselves on this approach & are committed to ensuring our learners acquire the relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes & experience to progress in life, whether that is to seek employment in the industry of their choice or step up to higher education & university.
While dedicated to delivering the very best experiences to our learners, we also extend the same commitment to our staff. We have worked hard to create an environment where all of our staff, no matter what their role, are empowered to inspire & support our vision to create better futures for the people of Hull.
Responsibilities of our Electrical Installations Lecturer:
- Prepare teaching materials, equipment and resources for student activities and project work. To include planning and online materials.
- Deliver high quality learning experiences which enable learners to develop in their learning of academic skills.
- Support the development of learners’ mastery of skills and knowledge through delivery of contextualised vocational sessions and reinforcement of learning through practice of skills.
- Measure learner progress through a range of assessments and through providing feedback
- Assist with learners across all programmes to include apprenticeship delivery, including completion of tracking and other records linked to programme requirement.
- Maintain academic records including registers, records of work and any other records which may be required from time to time.
- Distribute equipment, tools and materials to authorised staff and students if required.
- Provide a high quality, professional image and environment as directed by the Curriculum Operations Manager / Director of Learning
- Ensure all display work is up to date, of a high quality and represents the students within the current area
- Assist in the efficient running of the area by being aware of the duties performed by other members of the team and to help if requested.
What we’re looking for in our Electrical Installations Lecturer:
- Level 3/4 qualification in relevant subject
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Cert. Ed/ PGCE or willingness to work towards
- Experience of working in an academic setting and working with learners to support their needs
- Knowledge of the specialist sector
- Ability to work as a professional team member, able to liaise with tutors, employers, rewarding bodies, and other agencies
If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for and would like to join us as our Electrical Installations Lecturer please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Hull College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of their safeguarding strategy and values. In addition, these posts require the colleague to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note this post is subject to regulated activity
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.