School Operations Manager
Winton Community Academy
NJC Scale 22 – 37 (£31,364 – £45,441) per annum +AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Car Scheme + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional AET Benefits
37 hours a week, 52.14 weeks per year Full Time, Permanent
April 2024 Start Date
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team here at Winton Community Academy. The purpose of this role is to enable the school to be in an operationally stable position for it to deliver an excellent education to its students. This role will report into the Principal and have a direct line into the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the ongoing operational effectiveness of the school. The ideal candidate will have an operations background with excellent numeracy, administration and organisational skills.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Line Manage facilities staff and be the main point of contact for contractors.
- Liaise with catering team to uphold standards.
- Manage lettings + event bookings (as required).
- Implement and manage Health and Safety policies
- Manage DBS checks for school visitors and GDPR lead ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and processing data requests
- Orders – place orders, raise Purchase Orders, goods receipt noting / scanning, chase orders
Liaise with HR Coordinators to support with recruitment and arrange interviews.
- Coordinate the collection of verified ID documents, certificates and disclosure forms at interviews for employment checks and certify them.
- EVC for all Trips and Visits – ensure Evolve is up to date and compliant.
- Front Office – Line management of all admin staff that interface with the centre (e.g. receptionists/admin assistants/cover manager)
- School Events – Manage logistics for all school events (eg bookings, visitors, contractors etc)
- Insurance – Support with any insurance claims on behalf of the centre
- Communications – Manage logistics for comms to parents
- Arrange annual statutory training and line manage first aiders and arrange first aid training.
At Winton Community Academy, our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in January 2018 and with a new, passionate Principal, Rebecca Clark in place, we are looking to build upon our strengths and develop into a truly outstanding place to learn and teach.
Closing date: 25th February 2024
The role is due to commence: April 2024
Interviews are scheduled to take place on as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.