Personal Development Tutor
Bournemouth and Poole College
Here at Bournemouth & Poole College, we are looking to recruit a new Personal Development Tutor on a full-time, term time only basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,662 – £27,388 per annum, pro rata.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
The Personal Development Tutor Role
As a Personal Development Tutor, you will manage effective pastoral and academic support and promote the achievement of students within Science, Health & Humanities curriculum area.
You will ensure the highest quality learning experience for all students, aligned to a responsive curriculum that meets and anticipates current and future needs of our learning community.
Responsibilities as our Personal Development Tutor will include:
- Contributing to the development of a College culture that supports our vision and core purpose, core values and strategic priorities.
- Working with integrity, openness and honesty to create a self-critical culture that strives for excellence.
- Valuing and supporting individuals and teams to achieve the College’s priorities and targets
- Supporting the fulfilment of College’s vision to offer a range of provision to meet the needs of our community and students
- Providing support for inspiring and challenging education and training for all students
- Monitoring customer satisfaction and continually seek ways of improving the service for which the post is responsible and regularly review, adapt, and improve systems and procedures.
- Giving a high profile to equality of opportunity in all areas of activity.
- Championing the College’s commitment to quality assurance and improvement
- Attending and contributing effectively to all relevant Corporation and College meetings
- Being involved in general College activities and other such duties as may be requested by the Principal or Corporation, commensurate with the post.
As our Personal Development Tutor, you’ll ideally have:
- Degree or equivalent professional relevant experience
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Teaching Qualification or willingness to achieve within 2 years.
- Able to relate well to students of all abilities, and their parents/carers, and to assess student needs.
- Knowledge of post-16 education and training
- Attendance at college events ie open evenings including outside of normal working hours
Benefits you will receive:
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30.5 after 5 years’ service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Personal Development Tutor role, then please click ‘apply’ now!
Closing date: 13 March 2024
We reserve the right to close this post early if there is a high level of applicants.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.