Head of NELTA
Beacon Academy Trust
Strategic lead for BMAT ITT, ECT and CPD programmes.
Based at Beacon Multi Academy Trust – IG5 4LP
Salary: L22-28 (Outer London)
Required: September 2024
- Benenden Private Healthcare – as a taxable benefit – responsive medical care which may be extended to include family and friends
- Generous leave for full-time support staff
- Two weeks’ full pay paternity leave
- Retained STPCD 2012 including automatic main scale progression for teaching staff
- 16% PPA minimum for teaching staff
- Access to Teachers or Local Government Pension scheme
- Busy Beacons – Access to an on-site, non-profit, term time only nursery for school staff (opening 2023-24)
- Staff forum
- A focus on staff well-being and welfare – Carnegie Gold Mental Health Award status
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme – 365 days a year helpline and additional support with legal, financial advice and counselling
- Investment in training and professional development including NPQs
- A range of career opportunities across the Trust
- Free access to a fully fitted on-site fitness suite on both campuses
- EV installation programme 2023
- Cycle to work shower facilities
- Team building and sports events to build cohesion and BMAT community
- Winter well-being holiday
- Free on-site parking
- Free hot drinks
- Access to ‘Beacon Bargains’ our online swap shop for staff to give away, sell and swap items between them
Beacon Academy Trust are currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and creative Head of NELTA who will strategically lead the development of teaching and learning across the trust, including the SCITT, ECT and CPD programmes.
NELTA holds a central role within Beacon Multi Academy Trust – training the teachers of the future as our SCITT, running our trust-wide ECT programme and coordinating all staff development across our schools.
NELTA is an Ofsted Outstanding provider of Initial Teacher Training (ITT) running salaried, tuition-fee and assessment only teacher training routes which was reaccredited in 2022 by the DFE. It has an exceptional reputation and track record in teacher training, and we are pleased to be expanding provision in 2024-25 across additional schools and boroughs. NELTA runs our incredibly successful ECT programme for all ECTs.
The Head of NELTA is a new post, which will sit as part of the Beacon Multi Academy Trust SLT.
Over the coming years, NELTA will undergo a period of iterative change – taking on a central role within BMAT coordinating all our teacher training and CPD, including external training and NPQs
This role is an excellent opportunity for those with experience of leading teacher training in a SCITT or HEI setting and development to have a trust-wide impact on teachers at all stages of their career.
This opportunity would suit those with a passion for teacher training and development, and experience of leading teacher training programmes and large-scale multi-site CPD.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment.
Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Further information and an application form can be found at https://nelta.co.uk/vacancies/
Please forward your electronic applications to email@example.com
Please note we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.