Moderator – GCE A Level – Design & Technology (2017 Specification)
A GCE Design and Technology Moderator will review the centre assessment of candidates’ work in accordance with the agreed assessment criteria and Pearson’s procedures. Each moderator will moderate a specified number of centre samples.
We are also recruiting for the following:
- To carry out the moderation of parts of a subject examination, such as coursework, projects and special studies, which are marked initially by teachers in the centres and then sent to you. Moderation will usually involve sampling procedures. Moderators will not be required to visit centres.
- To undertake, when necessary, the direct assessment of school-based components in the subject where centres opt not to make initial assessments.
- You will have one academic year’s worth of teaching experience:
a. within the last 8 years
b. within the relevant qualification and subject
c. since qualifying as a teacher
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- All Moderators will have to attend an In-house marking centre at a chosen venue in the North of England.
1) What dates do the Moderators need to be available for?
25th of May to the 2nd of June.
2) Do the Moderators need to be available every day during the time frame?
Yes, although not all markers will be required to stay until the 2nd June.
3) Where is the moderation taking place?
The In-House marking event will be located in the North of England, though the new moderation training will take place remotely.
4) Will expenses be covered by Pearson?
All food, travel and where applicable accommodation expenses will be covered by Pearson.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
If you have any further queries, or you need any additional support with your application, please contact the Associate Helpdesk team via the Pearson Support Portal.