Learning and Development Adviser and Lecturer in IT
Post Learning and Development Adviser and Lecturer in IT
Hours Variable hours
Contract term Fixed term until 31 July 2021
Salary Payment per Apprentice per month £55 or £75 based on age (LDA)
Grade V Teaching rate £22.44 per hour (Lecturer)
Location Craven College, Skipton
Closing date Sunday 24 January 2021
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Learning Development Adviser and Lecturer in IT. The post holder will deliver Apprenticeships both in the workplace and/or on College sites to meet delivery and quality assurance requirements and manage a caseload of Apprenticeship/Diploma candidates being responsible for monitoring their progress, liaising with Assessors, Internal Verifiers and employers to ensure timely achievement. You will coach, train and instruct candidates either within college or in the work-place to meet qualification/Standard aims, assessing where required, agree and review an individual learning plan with candidates and provide relevant underpinning knowledge related to qualification/Standard;
- Professionally qualified in the subject area;
- Teaching qualification to minimum Level 3 (Teaching Award in Education and Training) or equivalent (or willing to work towards);
- AI Assessor award or equivalent;
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and Maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
- Recent relevant industrial experience;
- An excellent working knowledge of the subject area;
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the Department curriculum and College needs;
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Current driving licence and use of car.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.