Lecturer in Motor Vehicle and Engineering
Post Lecturer in Motor Vehicle and Engineering
Hours 37 hours per week
Contract term Permanent on successful completion of probationary period
Salary Main Grade Lecturer Scale (Points 5 – 14) £24,443 – £32,552 per annum
Location Craven College, Skipton
Closing date Sunday 24 January 2021
We welcome interest from all individuals from experienced teachers to experienced mechanics working in industry. We invite you to contact us for a chat about this exciting role and discover what it would be like to work for Craven College.
For candidates who have relevant industrial experience but do not possess a teaching qualification, there is the opportunity to be employed via the teacher trainee scheme. Please enquire with the Staff Development Team 01756 703893 for further information.
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
The Motor Vehicle department, which includes Agricultural Engineering, sits with in the department of Land based Industries which are located at Skipton’s Livestock Auction Mart alongside a variety of land-based businesses. A wide range of full and part-time qualifications are offered from entry up to Level 3. Much practical work takes place both on and off-site and within the College’s resources and workshops on the Auction Mart site. Apprenticeships are also offered in mechanical, agriculture, conservation, agricultural Engineering. A range of short courses is offered, many in conjunction with the College’s commercial training arm, Tyro.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Motor Vehicle and Engineering Lecturer to teach a range of Motor vehicle and Engineering subjects, including apprenticeships, and fulfil role as Programme tutor, and to assist with the coordination and development of this area.
- Relevant professional technical qualification in Motor Vehicle (light) to Diploma Level (Level 3);
- Current teaching qualification to PGCE/Cert Ed level or equivalent or willing to work towards;
- Relevant experience of working within the Motor vehicle and Engineering industry, including experience of diagnostic techniques;
- Previous experience of leading a team and ability to undertake the role of Programme Tutor;
- Ability to motivate and inspire learners, particularly those who may have history of poor engagement at school
- Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
- Ability to work both as an effective team member and on own initiative;
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of interpersonal skills;
- Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies, including examination boards and employers;
- Appreciation of quality issues in Further Education;
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the College;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the School curriculum;
- Ability to plan and implement activities, manage projects and work to targets;
- Ability to liaise effectively with Management/staff and external bodies/agencies;
- Current full driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle.
- The ability to teach high quality sessions remotely maintaining a high level of student engagement
- Broad knowledge and experience of servicing and maintenance for a range of specialist agricultural equipment and machinery;
- Knowledge of correct hygiene and cleaning procedures with a clear awareness of Health and Safety issues in line with industry standards
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.