Bournemouth and Poole College
Here at Bournemouth & Poole College, we are looking to recruit an Exams Administrator on a full-time basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,409 per annum.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
Organisation Bournemouth & Poole College
Department MI & Funding
Contract Type Permanent
Employment Basis Full time
Contracted working hours 37
Location Roles available across Bournemouth and Poole
Salary £21,409 per annum
The Exams Administrator Role:
As an Exams Administrator, your role will be to support the accuracy, compliance and conduct of examinations, ensuring College meets Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) rules and regulations.
Responsibilities as our Exams Administrator will include:
- Participating in the planning, preparation and delivery of cross-college examinations; adhering to strict and critical deadlines
- Adhering to the receipt, checking and storing of confidential question papers and examination material safely and securely at all times
- Supporting on Exam Access Arrangements, assisting with the implementation of these arrangements and reasonable adjustments for eligible candidates
- Liaising with curriculum areas to ensure final entries/registrations that have been submitted to an awarding body are regularly monitored, submitting timely changes amendments/withdrawals
- Training as an invigilator and allocate other invigilators to examinations; assisting with ensuring invigilators are trained to carry out their duties in accordance with JCQ regulations
- Supporting Exams Officers and Manager in liaising with inspectors from JCQ and other awarding bodies
- Participating in and support with exam achievement closedown, ensuring results are appropriately recorded to enable accurate success data to be reported; including the tracking and distribution of exam certificates
- Providing an excellent customer service to students and staff, assisting with enquiries
- Working as part of a close-knit team, supporting the wider MI team and workloads at peak times
- Undertaking any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post that may be reasonably required
As our Instructor in Exams Administrator, you’ll ideally have:
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Experience of manual or electronic systems for recording data
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Attendance at College events; e.g. open evenings, including outside of normal working hours
Benefits you will receive:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30.5 after 5 years’ service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Exams Administrator role, then please click ‘apply’ now!
Closing date: 06 March 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.