Capital City College Group
Capital City College is a leading culinary institution dedicated to providing high-quality education and dining experiences. We are currently seeking diligent and responsible Kitchen Porters to join our dynamic team. If you are passionate about maintaining kitchen hygiene and ensuring smooth operations in a culinary setting, we’d love to hear from you.
- As a Kitchen Porter, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Sanitizing and cleaning all food preparation areas, including walls, stoves, sinks, ovens, and kitchen equipment.
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas and corridors to maintain cleanliness.
- Washing dirty crockery, utensils, cooking equipment, chopping boards, and any other kitchen items.
- Reporting any damaged equipment within the kitchens for prompt repair or replacement.
- Clearing refuse from the kitchens and ensuring the external space remains tidy.
- Ensuring all fridges and freezers are in working condition and kept clean.
- Assisting the chef and restaurant staff as needed to ensure smooth kitchen operations.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Have good communication skills and be able to follow instructions.
- Be independent and committed to maintaining rigorous hygiene standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusion.
- Be willing to flex your working hours to meet the needs of the service, including occasional evenings and weekends.
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date: Recruitment Ongoing
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.