Bike Mechanic Tutor
This is an exciting role due to the growth of our tutor team. R-evolution is a charity that supports people from all backgrounds with purposeful activity in line with local skills gaps. R-evolution provides training and experience in a workshop environment, mechanisms for life coaching, cycle maintenance training and horticulture training.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide expert cycle mechanic skills to refurbishing and checking bikes. Ensuring cycles are repaired to a safe standard. Training participants, volunteers, members of the public and assessing to City and Guilds level 2 standard.
Therefore, we require a suitably qualified and experienced person to carry out all aspects of this role.
Job Title: Bike Mechanic Tutor
Location: Cottingham and Hull based – involves working across multiple sites
Reports to (Role): Operations Manager
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Salary: £20-£27k dependent on experience and teaching/training qualifications
Benefits: Pension, 5 weeks holiday, flexible working, training in accredited qualifications.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week – could include occasional evening and weekends
To provide expert cycle mechanic skills to refurbishing and checking bikes. Ensuring cycles are repaired to a safe standard. Training participants, volunteers, members of the public and assessing to City and Guilds level 2 standard.
- Providing high standard of repair and ensuring bikes are fit for purpose and safe when leaving the workshop
- Providing high levels of customer service including dealing with sales, repairs and secure bike storage
- Checking and servicing bikes on site and conducting minor adjustments
- Transporting bikes
- Assisting at events through promoting cycling and the charity, providing servicing and repairs and selling bikes.
- Selling bikes from the workshop and providing receipts and sales logs.
- Providing bike maintenance demonstrations
- Contributing to the tidiness of the workshop
- Supervising trainees in line with health and safety systems
- Working across multiple sites
- Any other duties relevant to the level of this post as reasonably requested
- Training volunteers, and trainees to City and Guilds qualification standard, where appropriate.
- Training members of the public in basic cycle maintenance.
- Developing lesson plans as appropriate.
- Completing all necessary training related paperwork.
- Any other duties relevant to the level of this post as reasonably requested.
Teaching/Training qualifications such as; Award in Education and Training, CertEd, PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PCCE.
Clean Driving Licence
Skilled bike mechanic
Knowledge of workshop safe systems of work
Knowledge of relevant legal requirements including risk assessment, health and safety
Substantial experience of bike repair and maintenance
Experience of training others
Enthusiasm for bikes and cycling
Enthusiasm for helping disadvantaged individuals and communities
Positive attitude and enthusiasm
To apply , please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date 19th February 2021