Vocational Lecturer in Bricklaying/Multi Skills
Post Vocational Lecturer in Bricklaying/Multi Skills
Hours 37 hours per week
Contract term Permanent on successful completion of probationary period
Salary Vocational Lecturer Scale (Points 5 – 14) £23,561- £34,174 per annum
Location Craven College, Skipton
Closing date Sunday 24 January 2021
For candidates who have relevant industrial experience but do not possess a teaching qualification, there is the opportunity to be employed via the teacher trainee scheme. Please enquire with the Staff Development Team 01756 703893 for further information.
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate bricklayer to teach and assess a range of units from bricklaying programmes including apprenticeships within the School of Service and Construction Industries and to act as Programme Leader, as required for one or more bricklaying courses.
As a Bricklaying Lecturer you will teach a range of units and levels from Bricklaying and other related programmes, develop and design appropriate learning materials for a variety of learners; act as study programme tutor within the department, prepare, mark, assess and record students work as necessary to meet Quality Assurance and self assessment requirements within deadlines; implement appropriate College Quality Assurance procedures and carry out relevant recording and meet quality standards with particular reference to retention and achievement and be responsible for monitoring and reporting on continuous performance and improvement.
- Minimum Level 3 vocational qualification in Bricklaying or relevant subject area;
- Vocational experience in Bricklaying
- Current teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or willingness to working towards completion);
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
- A1 Assessor Award (or willing to undertake);
- Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
- Ability to motivate staff and work effectively as a team member;
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
- Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies;
- Willing to undertake professional development linked to the needs of the College;
- Computer literate
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.