Lecturer in Sport and Public Services
Post Lecturer in Sport and Public Services
Hours 37 hours per week
Contract term Permanent on successful completion of probationary period
Salary Main Grade Lecturer Scale, points 5-14, £22,443 – £32,552 per annum
Location Craven College, Skipton
Closing date Sunday 17 January 2021
Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton and Scarborough.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Craven College for a dynamic and innovative lecturer that can teach across vocational courses in both sport and uniformed public services. The ideal candidate will have relevant teaching experience, be a team player and is focussed on delivering an outstanding student experience. Excellent communication skills are required along with an ability to exercise initiative in a demanding role.
- A relevant first degree in Sport and/or Public Services or related subject or appropriate professional qualification.
- Current teaching qualification to PGCE/Cert Ed level or equivalent or willing to work towards;
- Relevant experience of working within Sport and/or Public Services industry
- Previous experience of leading a team and the ability to undertake the role of Programme Tutor as required
- Ability to motivate and inspire learners, particularly those who may have history of poor engagement at school
- Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
- Ability to work both as an effective team member and on own initiative;
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of interpersonal skills;
- Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies, including examination boards and employers;
- Appreciation of quality issues in Further Education;
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the College;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the School curriculum;
- Ability to plan and implement activities, manage projects and work to targets;
- Ability to liaise effectively with Management/staff and external bodies/agencies;
- The ability to teach high quality sessions remotely maintaining a high level of student engagement
- Knowledge of correct procedures and clear awareness of Health and Safety issues in line with industry standards
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website www.craven-college.ac.uk/jobs
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.