Learning Support Worker (Enterprise)
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
Learning Support Worker (Enterprise)
Location: Filton Campus
FTE Salary: Up to £21,030.00 (Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time, Term Time only
Working Hours: 37 hours per year, 41 weeks per year
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Term-Time Only Contracts will incur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September.
Financial Rewards and Benefits:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
- Competitive Pension Scheme-Corporate and support roles have access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a flexible and pension accessible from the age of 55, with generous employer contributions of 16%.
- Generous Annual leave entitlement plus the 8 bank holidays-25 days corporate and support functions, increasing to 30 days after 5 academic years’ service (Full-Time Equivalent).
- Two weeks leave during the Christmas closedown period largely supported by the discretionary closure days provided by the College.
- Extensive professional development with ongoing support for your personal & professional development, including 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees.
- Family friendly policies and a proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free Annual Eye test
- All staff members can buy a TOTUM card(formerly known as NUS Extra cards), as part of being an affiliate member of the Students’ Union
- Staff have access and supported to be part of inclusive or sustainable staff networks and communities
- Free car parking at all campuses (Except Queens Road Art School)
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services including Starbucks Coffee
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, construction to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to Honour Degree level programmes.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help students and colleagues achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our last inspection. For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
We are currently looking to recruit a Learning Support Worker who have knowledge and experience in supporting 16-18 year olds in the Level 1 Enterprise and newly developed Level 1 Pathways Programme.
You will play a key role in supporting learners who have barriers to education, to encourage them to build confidence and recognise their abilities within their studies. You will work closely with tutors, teachers and the Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to establish gaps in learner knowledge and support with their academic and pastoral needs. You will support in the promotion of the positive behaviour policy and challenge learners who are in breach of this. You will assist learners in their academic progression and achievement of their main BTEC qualification and Functional Skills qualifications. The postholder will assist the Higher-Level Teaching Assistant in strategies for support and liaise with the central Learning Support Team to meet the needs of EHCP and vulnerable students.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To support students in achieving their goals and qualifications in an agreed range of settings.
- To work collaboratively with teaching staff and others to support learner progress and achievement through 1:1s or group support in an agreed range of settings (in the classroom and online).
- To liaise and work closely with the Higher-Level Teaching Assistant about student needs, EHCP learners and progression opportunities.
- To work closely with the Functional Skills Lecturer, Enterprise and Pathways Tutors, Learning Support Co-ordinator, Head and Deputy Head of Additional Learning Support and Learning Area Manager to identify ongoing support needs of our identified learners in the college environment.
- Attend team meetings, curriculum meetings, tutorials and review meetings where appropriate.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Good standard of general education including Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Experience of working with young people and/or adults with ASD or Care leavers who can display challenging behaviour.
Please apply online by: Monday 26th February 2024
Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed in the New Year
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
SGS College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and any offer of employment will be subject to a number of conditions including a requirement for providing satisfactory references. In line with KCSIE and having regard to all relevant guidance, a range of checks and online searches will also be conducted for successful candidates, and a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure will need to be obtained as a requirement of the job.