International GCSE English Moderator (International GCSE English Literature)
Please note when applying for the role do not select the 2009 Specification from the drop down options.
A International GCSE English Literature Moderator will review the centre assessment of candidates’ work in accordance with the agreed assessment criteria and Pearson’s procedures. Each moderator will moderate a specified number of centre samples.
· To carry out the moderation of parts of a subject examination, such as coursework, projects and special studies, which are marked initially by teachers in the centres and then sent to you. Moderation will usually involve sampling procedures
· To undertake, when necessary, the direct assessment of school-based components in the subject where centres opt not to make initial assessments
· To complete and submit centre reports to the Team Leader or Principal Moderator as required
Experience/ Qualifications Needed
· You will have one academic year’s worth of teaching experience:
· a. within the last 8 years
· b. within the relevant qualification and subject
· You will have a degree or equivalent
· You will be a qualified teacher
· You will have the ability to work well under pressure
· You will have the ability to meet deadlines
· You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
· The marking period is between May – July
· The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.