A GCSE Physical Education (2016 Specification) Visiting Moderator will visit centres to carry out the moderation of certain forms of work which is marked initially by teacher examiners/assessors in the centres. Each moderator will moderate a specified number of centre samples.
We are also looking for:
- To carry out the moderation of parts of a subject examination, such as coursework, projects and special studies, which are marked initially by teachers in the centres and then sent to you. Moderation will usually involve sampling procedures.
- To undertake, when necessary, the direct assessment of school-based components in the subject where centres opt not to make initial assessments.
- To complete and submit centre reports to the Team Leader or Principal Moderator as required
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have UK based teaching experience in the relevant qualification and subject
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- You will be IT literate
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application