A GCE Business Studies Examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to conditions of recognition and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
We are also looking for:
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified
Experience/ Qualifications Needed
- You will have one academic year’s worth of teaching experience:
- a. within the last 8 years
- b. within the relevant qualification and subject
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- The marking period is between May – July.
- The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June.
Welcome to Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application