North Star was born out of a drive to do something different for those who need more
Formed by the desire to shape futures, North Star emerged
We remain where others may part
Equipping young minds to join with their communities
Forging together the path ahead, traveling alongside
Our team can bring dreams to fruition. Join us and thrive.
North Star 82° is the primary provision of North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol, specialising in supporting pupils experiencing Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
Are you an experienced and successful primary teacher, ideally with a background within an SEMH school?
You will bring everything it takes to engage children who are working below age related children and transform their futures. Like us, you will be passionate about safeguarding, deeply committed to releasing potential, and determined to make a difference every day.
You will bring our innovative curriculum to life as you maintain good order and discipline, engage pupils with SEN, and stimulate children of all abilities to reach their full potential. We will give you real scope to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of our pupils’ learning, and encourage you to set clear targets for both behaviour and academic achievement. This means you will enjoy plenty of autonomy and wide-ranging opportunities to shape the way we work.
We are looking for a teacher with:
• Good Knowledge of SEN Code of Practice, in particular SEMH education
• Experience with the use of assessment data and implementing strategies for raising achievement of pupils with SEMH
• Commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team to actively promote inclusion and ensure the safeguarding of all pupils
• Experience of managing HLTAs and/or LSA’s in the classroom
You will be part of:
• An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
• A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
• A caring and inclusive ethos
• A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression to the right person.
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received so please submit an early application.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.