Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.” Roald Dahl.
If you want to make a difference to the lives of young people that need it most then look no further.
We work extremely hard to provide our students with the education they deserve, and we do it in a positive and nurturing environment that is welcoming to both students and staff. Our hard work is rewarded with seeing the positive impact that we have on a young person’s life.
North Star 82° is a primary provision within the North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol specialising in supporting pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Condition. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
We have positions available for committed and high-quality Learning Support Assistants to provide support to the class teacher in groups or to individual children. You will be required to work 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum. Actual salary £20,638 – £22,207 p.a.
The successful candidates will be joining a positive, solution-focused team of staff who are dedicated to help improve outcomes for vulnerable pupils.
The successful applicants will have:
- A good understanding of the EYFS / KS1 and / or KS2 curriculum.
- At least one years’ experience of working in a learning/childcare setting.
- A flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to working in a structured environment
- Effective communication with colleagues
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and the ability to respond to unexpressed need
- Willingness to undertake the further training that will be offered.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression for the right person.
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received so please submit an early application.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.