Head of Apprenticeships
Salary: up to £57,620, recruitment incentives available
- Do you want to make a real impact on the lives and opportunities of young people?
- Do you have a drive and commitment to high standards and want to work with a high performing and hugely supportive management team?
- Do you want to work for an organisation with a strong staff community, highly competitive reward package with a range of additional benefits including Green Car Scheme, healthcare and cash benefits platform?
The College has an exciting opportunity available to join our top performing Management Team in the key role of Head of Apprenticeships. Overseeing the Apprenticeship teams this is a challenging and fulfilling role working across College with relevant curriculum and delivery areas. Wigan & Leigh College is one of the largest College Apprenticeship providers in the country and this role is vital to moving this forward. You will be determined and committed and be able to provide evidence of proven success data, be quality driven and be able to provide excellent learner and employer support. You will have experience of leading on initiatives and have proven positive impact on achievement and the learner journey.
The successful person will play a key role in shaping and driving the College’s Apprenticeship offer and apprentice and employer experience. Working closely with the Assistant Principal for Apprenticeships and Adult, they will manage and develop the trainer assessor and quality lead team and share the ethos of hard work and commitment to high quality teaching, learning and assessment.
Wigan & Leigh College is a great place to work with an active staff community that supports each other and our students to achieve their true potential and be all that they can be.
We value our employee engagement and wellbeing as central to our success and we work with our staff community to ensure their involvement and influence in all that we do.
The post requires an enthusiastic and committed Head of Department who understands the wide and varied requirements in this key area for the College. The successful candidate may have experience in the delivery of the Apprenticeships with major clients and play a key role in driving the provision and in particular the growth strategies in these areas, having the determination and dedication required to meet the high standards we set for students and staff.
You will be part of a committed, creative and highly supportive College Management Team who work together to create and sustain our ethos of hard work, high standards and kindness across the organisation.
What We Offer
The College really is a great place to work with a recognised staff community. We offer a range of benefits including:
- Excellent employer contribution pension scheme
- Generous holidays including closure periods
- A range of staff clubs, groups and societies
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities
- Staff benefits platform with discounts for high street retailers, gym membership, cinema tickets and holidays
- Medicash cashback healthcare scheme
- Supportive Employee Assistance Programme, occupational health clinics and face to face counselling for staff
- Travel discounts and a salary sacrifice green car scheme
- Extensive staff CPD and professional development opportunities
Closing date: Monday 4th December 2023 Midday
Interview Date: 15th December 2023
The College reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. To comply with legislation, you are required to obtain a DBS check for your role. We will be asking Protocol National Ltd/Esafeguarding Ltd to undertake this process on our behalf.
Wigan and Leigh College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Position not right for you? Share it with someone you know.