Customer Service Advisor
Bournemouth and Poole College now have an interesting new opening for a Customer Service Advisor to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,705.00
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
The Customer Service Advisor Role
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will provide a friendly, welcoming and effective front-of-house service both through the College Enquiry Centre and in Reception dealing with enquiries from customers, students and colleagues.
Responsibilities as our Customer Service Advisor include:
- Be the first point of contact for incoming telephone calls, answering queries using the College’s CRM system, use of Live Chat and providing initial information, as required.
- Process all customer enquiries in a timely and responsive manner in line with College standards offering outstanding levels of service.
- Deal with messages left on the voicemail in accordance with procedures.
- Take messages when necessary and e-mail them to the correct contacts
- Work with the other support teams to correctly signpost enquirers and give correct and up-to-date information
- Work with colleagues on both sites to ensure information is passed on and updated
- To assist with The College Emergency Evacuation Procedure, including initial contact with the emergency services.
- Processing petty cash
- Issue staff and student ID badges
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
As our Customer Service Advisor, you will need:
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience or previously worked in a reception environment or busy office
- Ability to deliver high standards of customer service
- Excellent telephone manner
- Communication skills including written and verbal
- Excellent administration skills
- Proactive, focused and well organised
- Willing to learn new systems
- Able to be flexible with working hours
Benefits will include:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30.5 after 5 years’ service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Customer Service Advisor role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 14 December 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.