Marketing & Communications Manager
Bournemouth & Poole College have an exciting opportunity available for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team based at our Poole Campus on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,585 – £39,721 per annum plus benefits.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our college a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
The Marketing and Communications Manager Role
As a Marketing and Communications Manager, you will develop plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals.
You will drive the strategic and operational management of the central marketing team: Recruitment Marketing, Creative, Digital and Market Research ensuring delivery of the brand positioning, brand values and the College strategy in order to grow our market shares.
Responsibilities as our Marketing and Communications Manager will include:
- Reflecting, articulating, and promoting the mission, vision and identity of the College
- Leading, shaping and managing the Marketing and Communications staff team, and their professional development
- Undertaking your own professional development, supported by the college, and remain abreast of developments in your professional field and local market developments
- Ensuring the Marketing function contributes strongly to college strategy and decisions in terms of the provision it offers, utilising, commissioning and analysing a variety of data sets and making clear recommendations into the curriculum planning process
- Being responsible for creating and the implementing the strategy underpinning a comprehensive marketing and communications program
- Managing the creative design of College marketing materials and communications activities
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing and communications mission, goals and financial objectives
- Developing short and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and communications program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Recommending short and long-term College marketing goals and objectives to the Commercial Director
*The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
As our Marketing and Communications Manager, you will need:
- Degree or high-level professional qualification in Marketing or related subject
- Agreed management qualification or equivalent experience/willing to obtain within 1 year of appointment GCSE/’O’ level qualifications in English and Maths at pass level (above C or Grade 4) or equivalent
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
- Excellent planning and organising skills with demonstrable project management skills and an ability to build effective networks across organisations
- Experience overseeing the design and production of online and offline communication materials and publications, website management, and social media content creation and management
- Experience of overseeing all aspects of digital marketing
- Excellent command of English language and grammar.
- Ability to travel between college campuses and to external events
Benefits will include:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 36.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Pension options
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our Teaching and Learning Coaches and Quality department
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Marketing and Communications Manager role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.