Adult Education Manager
Bournemouth & Poole College have an exciting opportunity available for a Adult Education Manager to join our team based at our Poole Campus on a full-time, fixed term basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £39,721 per annum plus benefits.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
The Adult Education Manager Role
As a Adult Education Manager, you will oversee all Adult Education activity across the college, managing the planning and delivery of community learning courses, supporting and line managing teaching, IQA and community learning staff.
The HE and Skills area has cross-college responsibility for Higher Education, Adult Education (AEB) and Apprenticeships, working with a range of departments to support students to achieve and succeed.
Responsibilities as our Adult Education Manager will include:
- Managing community learning courses.
- Attending stakeholder events.
- Supporting with the completion of enrolment paperwork and liaise with the administration team to ensure all enrolments are processed in a timely way.
- Providing the line management, leadership and professional development of teaching, IQA staff and Community Learning staff.
- Coordinating the internal quality assurance process across Adult Education for areas of the curriculum that sit outside of faculties, including internal quality assurance of work, standardisation activity and EQA visits.
- Assisting in marketing and the production of promotion and publicity material.
- Organising and playing a lead role in the pre-enrolment procedures and give impartial, informed advice to new students and/or refer into appropriate internal services.
- Working closely with the Executive Director of Higher Education and Skills and Directors of Learning to determine viability of courses, communicating to all concerned parties when there is a decision to close a course.
- Administering process for government-funded learning ensuring funding eligibility is met at all times.
- Managing attendance of adult students and ensure the attendance procedure is followed at all times.
*The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
As our Adult Education Manager, you will need:
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Math
- Experience liaising with external customers/clients
- Knowledge of Planning and developing curriculum.
- Attendance at college events ie open evenings including outside of normal working hours
Benefits will include:
As a member of the management team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 36.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Pension options
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our Teaching and Learning Coaches and Quality department
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Adult Education Manager role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Interview Date: 04 December 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.