About the Role:
We are seeking to recruit an excellent Hourly Paid Tutor who is qualified and available to:
* Deliver classroom teaching for adult ESOL and ESOL 16-18 learners on a range of courses from Entry level to Level 2 in ESOL. Experience of teaching IT and Essential Digital Skills to Adult Learners is also desirable.
* Carry out related duties, which include marking and preparation, curriculum development, course administration, individual tutorials and tracking of learner progress. Address the particular and diverse needs among ESOL learners in Further Education and living in London.
* Teach both day and evening sessions.
* Knowledge of the courses/curriculum relevant to the post, and of recent curriculum and pedagogic developments affecting them.
* Excellent communication skills for addressing the individual needs of both school leavers and adults returning to education and for being an effective member within a dedicated, collaborative team.
* Be flexible to meet the demands and responsibilities of being a personal tutor with an appreciation for systems for monitoring progress towards higher levels of study and employment.
You should be experienced with a track record of assisting learners to high levels of success. You should hold a teaching qualification and an ESOL subject specialism. Experience of preparing learners for external assessments with a recognised awarding body is essential.
Applications will be considered as and when received, it is therefore advised to submit an application form at the earliest convenience.
We are committed to safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check.
Our values Respect, Aspiration, Collaboration and Opportunity are the key ideas and principles that people within our organisation and our partners believe are important. They sum Our Purpose: why we do what we do, and Our Approach: how we go about our work.
City Islington College is an award-winning further education college in London with centres in Holloway, Angel and Finsbury Park. The College offers a huge array of academic and vocational courses from entry levels right through to HE for young and adult learners. These include foundation learning, A-Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships, Access to Higher Education. The College also works closely with all stakeholders and offers bespoke training and development programmes.
Our Sixth Form centre located on our Angel Campus offers over 30 A Level subjects to our students, one of the largest choices in the UK, providing high level academic study for around 1,800 students wishing to progress to university.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient application for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.