Teaching and Pastoral Responsibilities.
This will involve amongst other responsibilities:
• To lead high quality teaching, learning and assessment within the department, facilitating best practice sharing and outstanding resources.
• To review and revise the curriculum to cater for the needs and abilities of all students within the Department.
Collaborating with staff to create Schemes of Work and a unified sense of purpose within the department.
• To monitor the quality of teaching and learning in the department via discussion of teaching strategies, reviewing of lesson planning, lesson observations
• To lead and monitor a departmental marking policy that is consistent amongst the team and understood by the students.
• To set and monitor Challenge Grades and academic progress for all pupils taught in the department.
• To identify the professional development needs of staff in the department and liaise with the Director of Professional
Development to ensure that necessary staff training is identified and implemented.
• To liaise with the Learning Support and Examinations office to ensure that all extra learning needs are being addressed.
• To represent the Classical Civilisations department in all matters within the School including attendance at HoDs’ meetings.
• To be in communication with parents when necessary to monitor the learning of individual students.
• To manage the effective administration of the department including examinations and assessment administration, options booklets and handbooks.