Bournemouth & Poole College have an exciting opportunity available for a School Account Manager to join our team based at our Poole Campus on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,551 – £30,256 per annum plus benefits.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our college a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
Organisation: Bournemouth & Poole College
Department: Marketing & Events
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Basis: Full time
Contracted working hours: 37
Location: Poole, North Road, BH14 0LS
Closing date: 13/12/2023
- JD and PS School Account Manager.docx
About the School Account Manager Role:
As a School Account Manager, you will lead on Recruitment Marketing, Creative, Digital and Market Research ensuring delivery of the brand positioning, brand values and the College strategy in order to grow our market shares.
The overall aim of this post is to increase applications from schools to grow our student enrolment numbers.
WE ARE OPEN TO FLEXIBLE WORKING REQUESTS FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE e.g. part time, term time only etc.
Responsibilities as our School Account Manager will include:
- Operationally managing and delivering an effective School Liaison service to local schools.
- Extensively travelling to local schools to network and build the College brand.
- Leading on the promotion of school leaver enrolments within the College by planning, organising, attending, and participating in events
- Managing the annual school events calendar (capturing activities such as classroom talks, assemblies to careers conventions, workshops, and College tours).
- Attending (in-person or virtual) recruitment events, assemblies, and other relevant school activity to promote the College.
- Collaborating with Business Development colleagues to ensure that the College is represented at all school events, e.g. same date events.
- Organising taster events days and other bespoke activities for schools/applicants.
- Working closely with the Customer Service and Curriculum Administration Manager to support the delivery of bespoke school tours and College tours.
- Contributing to the College’s full time/apprenticeship enrolment process
- Identifying and leading on key opportunities to improve College recruitment to Post GCSE, Post A-Level (HE) courses and Apprenticeships.
*The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
As our School Account Manager, you will need:
- Delivering presentations and talks to groups
- Project management and delivery
- Running marketing campaigns
- Working with people at all levels
- Good written and spoken English language
- Producing marketing materials and organizing events
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, especially Powerpoint
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Degree level
- Communication skills including written and verbal
- Confident and able to talk to large audiences
- Can build positive working relationships and influence people
- Competent negotiator
- Tenacious and driven and able to work with minimal supervision
Benefits will include:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 36.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Flexible working pattern
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Pension options
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our Teaching and Learning Coaches and Quality department
If you feel you are the right candidate for this School Account Manager role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.