Student Enrichment Officer 37 hours per week
(Ref 003 2324)
Salary: £24,129-£25,604 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Coventry College are looking for a Student Enrichment Officer who will be responsible for energising the student body of the College, engaging in extra-curricular activity and to make their voice heard.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, proactive and an independently motivated individual who is confident in communicating with a diverse college population, including students and staff across the organisation.
As the key link between staff and students in the college, this role will oversee the student executive committee and student council and establish a student union to ensure all learners have the ability to communicate their views to enhance college life. You will foster and promote a culture of positive student engagement and experience by being a prominent figure in the lives of students at the College.
Key responsibilities include:
- Have a high profile across all communal spaces, supervising students, monitoring behaviour and appropriately challenging students in breach of college rules whilst ensuring learner health, safety and well-being is a priority.
- Organise the elections and job descriptions for the Student Executive Committee and Learner Representatives.
- Provide support, advice and direction for the Student Executives and facilitate their training needs.
- Arrange Learner Representative training and arrange meetings for the cross-college Learner Representatives
You will hold a degree or equivalent and a level 3 qualification or equivalent with proven experience of working with young people within an educational setting.
This role is currently being advertised as Full Time, however, Term Time Only at 40 weeks will be considered for the right candidate.
Working at Coventry College, our benefits package includes:
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Free on-site parking
- An excellent pension scheme (LGPS) with defined benefits
- Discounted hair/barbering/beauty treatments at our on-site Salon
|· Access to a wide range of retail discounts via our on-line Reward portal· Employee Assistance Programme|
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
To apply, click the apply button below.
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments.