A Level Geography Teacher – Barnsley College – Permanent – £24,577 to £37,017 per annum
Geography is a subject that demands a practical approach. We are looking for a hands-on Teacher with the academic rigour to support our students and drive positive results in this area.
Barnsley College are proud of our shared staff and student culture of high aspirations and determination to achieve. With a 99.6% overall pass rate and a 100% pass rate in 20 subjects for A Levels in 2022, we are looking for an A Level Geography Teacher to join the college and support us in our continued successes.
First of all, what’s in it for you?
- Substantial annual leave entitlement (Up to 55 days per year including bank and public holidays!)
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Considerable staff investment through funded CPD opportunities, regular staff development training and paid volunteering days
- Career advancement opportunities with tailored support for staff to progress
- Exclusive discounts and cashback for retail, dining and leisure
- Access to private healthcare as members of the Westfield Health Scheme or Health Shield
- College gym membership with onsite facilities
- Supporting employee mental health through access to free counselling services and the Foundations App
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts schemes for greener travel including Northern Rail, Trainline and Cycle to Work
- Free Microsoft Office 365 for personal use on up to five machines
- Access to discounted hair and beauty therapies at our onsite salon
- On site subsidised Starbucks and food outlets offering a variety of dining options
A Level Geography Teacher
£24,577 to £37,017 per annum
As our new A Level Geography teacher, you will be responsible for planning and delivering lessons as well as ensuring our students meet the needs of the specification with organised fieldwork events. The course includes a mixture of teacher and student-led strategies including group work, presentations, independent research, fieldwork and the use of ICT and GIS (Geographical Information Systems).
You will work with students to deliver an outstanding learner experience that supports the development of skills, knowledge and behaviours for them to progress to their desired next step. We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational Geography Teacher to join a high performing team in our thriving, purpose built sixth form. Barnsley College welcome applications from newly qualified teachers and seasoned educators, as support will be provided regardless of your level of experience.
Please note you will be directed to the Barnsley College website to complete your application. Closing date for applications Tuesday 28th 2023 – We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest.
Barnsley College is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or faith. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from DBS.
Please be aware that it is a Criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.