Apprenticeship Manager – Barnsley College – Permanent – £43,396 per annum
Are you looking for a role where you can use your skills and energy to make a difference?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled learning professional with a strong understanding and experience in the apprenticeship area. We are looking for a learner centric Apprenticeship Manager that has students at the heart of all they do, whilst striving to maintain the College’s ‘outstanding’ status.
First of all, what’s in it for you?
- Substantial annual leave entitlement (Up to 47 days per year including bank and public holidays!)
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Considerable staff investment through funded CPD opportunities, regular staff development training and paid volunteering days
- Career advancement opportunities with tailored support for staff to progress
- Exclusive discounts and cashback for retail, dining and leisure
- Access to private healthcare as members of the Westfield Health Scheme or Health Shield
- College gym membership with onsite facilities
- Supporting employee mental health through access to free counselling services and the Foundations App
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts schemes for greener travel including Northern Rail, Trainline and Cycle to Work
- Free Microsoft Office 365 for personal use on up to five machines
- Access to discounted hair and beauty therapies at our onsite salon
- On site subsidised Starbucks and food outlets offering a variety of dining options
Permanent vacancy – 37 hours per week
£40,431 per annum
We are an award-winning Apprenticeship provider! Our apprentices have won a range of awards including the Apprentice of the Year at the Association of Colleges (AoC) Student of the Year awards, Hallam Hero Awards and Guild of Bricklayers Senior Competition.
As Apprenticeship Manager, you will have leadership and line management support for up to 15 staff members and be responsible for building a dedicated and skilled team. This also includes further developing and expanding the apprenticeship offer, including managing employer relationships and building successful local employer links in this key area for the college.
Our new Apprenticeship Manager will be responsible for the planning of EPA within trades, creating yearly timetables and liaising with MIS to increase compliance. This role requires a flexible approach to working, keeping in line with the strategic demands of the department and college. Whilst this will be a challenging role, it will be highly rewarding both professionally and personally for the right candidate.
Please note you will be directed to the Barnsley College website to complete your application form. Closing date for Applications Tuesday 28th November 2023 – We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest.
Barnsley College is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or faith. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from DBS.
Please be aware that it is a Criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.