Sector Advisor – BTEC Qualifications – BTEC Level 3 Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians
SECTOR ADVISOR WBL – Pharmacy
Purpose of this role:
Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions and records for competence/skills -based qualifications within the Pharmacy sector for apprentices on the Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship in order to affirm that national occupational standards have been achieved and upheld.
For apprentices on the Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship for which competency/skills (and occupational competency where relevant) is demonstrated, the Sector Advisor (WBL) will:
· Undertake sampling of apprentice work within defined parameters and rules to verify that assessment outcomes, assessment and internal verification processes meet national occupational standards
· Produce reports for Pearson and the allocated Standards Verifier on the: sampling undertaken
· To report and summarise to the allocated Standards Verifier and Pearson where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions, or processes mean that national occupational standards are not met
· Report back to Pearson and the allocated Standards Verifier following specified sampling activity within agreed service-level agreements
· Communicate and work with the allocated Standards Verifier on the sampling of Apprentices on a Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship
· Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of WBL Assessment in relation to this role.
Previous Work Experience:
· Significant experience in delivering and assessing NVQs/competence/skills -based qualifications
· Holds an appropriate assessor qualification, and hold/be working towards the Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice qualification or an older equivalent · Is willing to work towards the Award in the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice qualification or currently holds/is working towards this qualification or an older equivalent
· Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications
· Currently registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and will remain on the register for the duration of the role as Sector Advisor with Pearson
· A willingness to engage in online training and standardisation and to use technology based approaches for communication and centre support significant experience in delivering and assessing competence/skills -based qualifications
Skills & Knowledge:
· Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
· A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
· A customer-focused approach
· Time management and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to develop and monitor clear action plans
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on Edexcel’s behalf and not to operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description
· Word processing and basic spreadsheet manipulation
Any associate undertaking this role must:
· Have personal IT equipment capable of running Edexcel required software
· Have a suitable internet connection
· Have a personal and secure email account
· Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland
· Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
· Have availability for a minimum of 5 days in any given year
· Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
Welcome to Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally.
We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application