GCE A level Statistics 9ST0 – Reviser
The Reviser checks the draft of the question paper and mark scheme to ensure that they are accurate, error free and fit for purpose.
- Specifically review, and ensure that the question papers:
- Set are appropriate to the specific range of ability.
- Can be worked by the candidates in the time allotted.
- Do not, as far as is practicable, advantage or disadvantage particular groups of candidates on grounds other than competence in the subject.
- Use source material which does not cause offence because of inappropriate subject matter
- Adequately cover the subject matter of the current specification and that all questions are within the specification
- Contain no unnecessary repetition of questions within the set of papers and that the questions differ from those used in previous years
- Complete a full report concerning each question paper and submit it to the Content Production Manager
- Attend the Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- You will have a degree or equivalent.
- Experience in teaching/mentoring related to GCE Statistics
- You will be or have been a qualified teacher
Industry Background Required
- You have written educational materials and are adept at summarising materials and creating educational materials
- You will have sound organisational skills.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
- You will be IT literate.
Please be aware that for this role you will be required to have access to a personal PC with internet connection in order to carry out your duties (for more details please see our System Requirements).
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application