WORK BASED LEARNING SECURITY STANDARDS VERIFIER
Purpose of this role:
- Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions and records for BTEC Security qualifications within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) to affirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld.
- Support, advise and guide centres based on the outcomes of the sampling process.
- Direct centres in the delivery of BTEC Security qualifications towards meeting Pearson and SIA compliance requirements.
For Work Based Learning Security qualifications, the Standards Verifier will:
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to verify that assessment outcomes, assessment and internal verification processes meet national standards
- Provide sector-specific support, advice, and guidance to centres
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on the: sampling undertaken; outcomes reached, and support provided
- Recommend limited certification, certification deferral or registration deferral where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions, or processes mean that national standards are not met
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
- Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity within agreed service-level agreements
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of BTEC Assessment in relation to this role.
- Hold a formal teaching or training qualification (Awarded by an HEI or NQF/QCF/RQF qualification awarded by a recognized Awarding Organization) at Level 3 or above
- Demonstrate that they have the necessary experience, knowledge and understanding of the security sector.
- Provide evidence of occupational experience which will include experience of working in the private security industry or working in a role that can be mapped to the requirements of the private security industry.
- Provide evidence of 2 years frontline operational experience relevant to security and/or events management
- Demonstrate they are keeping their occupational expertise up to date with the equivalent of at least forty hours every year spent in a combination of training, increasing professional knowledge through other means, or working in the security industry.
- A willingness to engage in online training and standardiSation and to use technology-based approaches for communication and centre support.
- Experience in delivering and assessing BTEC Security
Teaching/training qualification at Level 3 or above
Security qualifications and/or SIA licence (any)
Physical Intervention qualification
Conflict Management qualification
|Experience||Delivery and assessment of security or related public services qualification to 18+ cohort||IQA experience with security awards|
Working in the SIA regulated industry
Working in events management /stewarding
Occupational competence will normally come from working in the private security industry. Other relevant experience could come from employment in, for example: armed services/police/security industry/prison service
Able to demonstrate evidence of at least forty hours annually of relevant Continued Professional Development: training, increasing professional knowledge, working in the industry (e.g., attendance at relevant conferences and seminars; work experience in the sector; National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO)/ SIA-endorsed counter terrorism programme (ACT awareness) completed annually.
Any associate undertaking this role must:
- Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software
- Have a suitable internet connection
- Have a personal and secure email account
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom
- Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
- Have availability for a minimum of 8 allocations in any given year
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application