Entry Level IT Technician (HFL1522)
Hours: Full time 37 hours per week Monday to Friday (term time/part time, 2 plus full days per week considered for the right candidate)
Salary: Band 3 – FTE £23,151 p.a.
Location: Working across educational settings in Hertfordshire and neighbouring counties, with occasional visits to our Head Office at Robertson House, Stevenage.
We’re looking for passionate techies – whether you’ve studied, have knowledge, or simply want to get a start in the industry we may have just the opportunity for you – read on!
What’s the job like?
- As an IT Technician at HFL Education you become part of the school family, regularly travelling to school sites across Hertfordshire and neighbouring counties (5 Days a week) providing, hands-on support to solve IT issues and building trusted relationships.
- During school holidays you will join one of our installation teams, visiting school sites to assist with the installation of new school networks, Wi-Fi or Cloud solutions, and the enrolment of new devices and applications for schools.
- You’ll get the right support to help you perfect your customer service skills to a professional level and you will be delighted at the feedback you receive from our schools.
What we need from you:
- A genuine passion for technology – you should demonstrate this on your CV.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn lots of new skills and technologies.
- A reliable car is essential and be prepared for travel across the county 5 days a week.
- A positive attitude and a passion for helping people.
We’d certainly like…
- Some experience of Windows operating systems up to and including Windows 10/Server 2016, Antivirus software, Wireless technologies, Apple iOS, Office365
- Any other relevant qualifications, more specifically in a technical subject
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you show and demonstrate the right aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills and self-development.
This is an exciting, fast-paced environment which is also incredibly rewarding in the difference we make to schools and the impact we have on children’s lives.
We are proud of our culture that gives you autonomy and agility to get things done in balance, with a supportive environment to help you to deliver and succeed. If you feel this is an environment for you then we’d love to hear from you.
Our ‘working from anywhere’ approach provides colleagues the opportunity to work flexibly in line with their role requirements. This consists of working on-site across various schools and settings and occasional remote working. The ability to reach different locations by car will be essential for this role. A full driving licence and appropriate car insurance will be required.
The successful candidate would be expected to travel within a geographic area or district, we have numerous positions covering our main districts and areas in Hertfordshire and surrounding.
Benefits: a generous employer pension contribution, 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 31 days after five-years) or the equivalent paid for Term Time employees, family-friendly policies, paid mileage, access to mental health and wellbeing support, company performance bonus, professional development opportunities, benefit schemes for discounts and cashback offers, and more.
Would you like to know more information about this opportunity? If so, further information can be found in the job outline.
To apply, email email@example.com with a detailed CV along with a cover letter to include responses to the following questions:
- As this is a customer centric role, please provide an example of when you have delivered excellent customer service.
- What operating systems and technologies you are familiar with?
- How do you keep your IT knowledge up to date?
- What is your long-term ambition in the IT industry?
Interview Process: Initial telephone interview, followed by second stage interview held at our Head Office in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. To make sure you don’t miss out on this great opportunity, please submit your application as soon as you can.
We are committed towards becoming an anti-racist organisation, and our recruitment statement is set out below in support of this.
HFL is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We insist on the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues and will never condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
HFL is also equally committed to becoming an anti-racist organisation and we encourage you to view our Anti-racist position statement which gives clarity on our anti-racist stance. In our relentless efforts to be an anti-racist organisation, we recognise the negative impacts of under representation and lack of diversity in our organisation, our education system and in all aspects of our society. Therefore, for recruitment into any HFL post, where we have 2 or more candidates of equal merit, candidates with protected characteristics will be given advantage over candidates without such characteristics. This is sometimes referred to as a ‘tie-breaker’ and is referred to as ‘positive action’ in the Equality Act 2010.
To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to join us.
Please note that if you are invited to interview, we will expect you to be prepared to discuss unconscious bias with us; we find these conversations more than any others give us all a good idea of what working together will be like.