Location: Filton Campus
FTE Salary: Up to £23,838 (Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience)
Actual Salary: Up to £21,747.38
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time, Term-Time only
Working Hours: 37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Financial Rewards and Benefits:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
- Competitive Pension Scheme– Corporate and support roles have access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a flexible and pension accessible from the age of 55, with generous employer contributions of 16%
- Generous Annual leave entitlement plus 8 bank holidays– 25 days for corporate and support functions, increasing to 30 days after 5 academic years’ service (Full-Time Equivalent).
- Two weeks leave during the Christmas closedown period largely supported by the discretionary closure days provided by the College
- Extensive professional development with ongoing support for your personal & professional development, including 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees
- Family friendly policies and a proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free Annual Eye test
- All staff members can buy a TOTUM card(formerly known as NUS Extra cards) as part of being an affiliate member of the Students’ Union
- Staff have access and supported to be part of inclusive or sustainable staff networks and communities
- Free car parking at all campuses (except Queens Road Art School)
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services including Starbucks Coffee
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, construction to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to Honour Degree level programmes.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help students and colleagues achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our last inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference supporting learners with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? SGS has an exciting opportunity to join our Foundation learning team.
We are seeking a dedicated and organised individual to join our dynamic team as a Curriculum Administrator. In this pivotal role, you will provide crucial administrative support to our SEN education department, helping ensure that every student receives the support and attention they deserve. Your responsibilities will include managing student records, coordinating meetings, and assisting with the day-to-day operations of our department.
If you possess excellent organizational skills, a commitment to inclusivity, and a desire to contribute to the success of SEN learners, we invite you to apply and be a part of our mission to provide quality education for all. Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of these exceptional students.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide first line support to students, parents, carers and external agencies on general queries.
- Filtering incoming calls and correspondence, signposting to relevant staff or department.
- Organise meetings, preparing agendas and all relevant data, taking minutes, collating and circulating papers,
- Inputting student information onto the Computerised Student system as required.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent
- Excellent IT skills and competent use of MS Office software packages
- Experience in a previous administration role
Please apply online by: Monday 4th December 2023
Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
SGS College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and any offer of employment will be subject to a number of conditions including a requirement for providing satisfactory references. In line with KCSIE and having regard to all relevant guidance, a range of checks and online searches will also be conducted for successful candidates, and a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure will need to be obtained as a requirement of the job.