A Level Health and Psychology Teacher – Barnsley College – Part time – £24,577 to £37,017 pro rata
If you would like to work within a thriving, purpose built sixth form with high quality resources and where student behaviour is impeccable, Barnsley College could be the place for you!
First of all, what’s in it for you?
- Substantial annual leave entitlement (Up to 55 days per year including bank and public holidays!)
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Considerable staff investment through funded CPD opportunities, regular staff development training and paid volunteering days
- Career advancement opportunities with tailored support for staff to progress
- Exclusive discounts and cashback for retail, dining and leisure
- Access to private healthcare as members of the Westfield Health Scheme or Health Shield
- College gym membership with onsite facilities
- Supporting employee mental health through access to free counselling services and the Foundations App
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts schemes for greener travel including Northern Rail, Trainline and Cycle to Work
- Free Microsoft Office 365 for personal use on up to five machines
- Access to discounted hair and beauty therapies at our onsite salon
- On site subsidised Starbucks and food outlets offering a variety of dining options
A Level Health and Psychology Teacher
Permanent vacancy – 29.5 hours per week
£24,577 to £37,017 pro rata (£19,595 to £29,514 per annum)
Barnsley College welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as dedicated support will be provided whatever your level of experience.
We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational Teacher of A Level Health and Social Care and Psychology, to support within a high performing team. As an A Level teacher, you will be responsible for planning and delivering lessons as well as ensuring students meet the needs of the specification and are fully prepared for their summer exams. We are interested in hearing from individuals from the sector with a strong understanding of exam preparation assessment and feedback. If you have delivery experience and are interested in working for an outstanding college, are a highly motivated individual and team player, then this is your opportunity to become part of a supportive and committed team.
You will work with students to deliver an outstanding learner experience that supports the development of skills, knowledge and behaviours for them to progress to their desired next step. The right applicant will be able to give the learners support and challenge them to achieve their full potential. And their natural learner first approach will result in making a real difference to the future of our learners. This is a part time position working 4 days per week.
Please note you will be directed to the Barnsley College website to complete your application. Closing date for applications Sunday 29th November 2023 – We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest.
Barnsley College is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or faith. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from DBS.
Please be aware that it is a Criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.